Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, 247 IT Services, will collect and use your personal data. 247 IT Services is an IT consultancy and support service provider offering personable, competitive and reliable IT support. We offer service desk support, on- site support, infrastructure management, network services, security and backup support. We are a limited company registered in England under company number 9979775.
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes, but only where we have a legitimate and legal right to do so:
• Providing IT support services.
• Supplying our services / contractual obligations.
• Personalising our services for you.
• Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails, calls, support tickets from you.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone and/or text message and/or post with information, news, and offers on our products and/or services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam.
Why does 247 IT Services need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you our services we need to collect personal data for providing IT support and consultancy services. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes 247 IT Services would contact you for additional consent.
Will 247 IT Services share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to 247 IT Services in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only for the agreed lawful basis. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with 247 IT Services’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will 247 IT Services use the personal data it collects about me?
247 IT Services will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. 247 IT Services is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will 247 IT Services contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
247 IT Services at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If 247 IT Services does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
• Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
• Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of 247 IT Services or a third party, information about those interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
Contact details for data privacy enquiries:
01184 550500 dataprivacy@247IT.Services